The British Chamber EU’s Food, Health and Consumer Task Force covers a variety of policy areas. These include food production, consumption and sustainability; innovation in medicines and medical devices; patients’ rights and rules that protect the health, safety and economic well-being of consumers. Task Force members take a keen interest in legislative developments in the above areas and aim to contribute to policy discussions wherever possible.
1. Strengthening EU cooperation on public health and health technology
2. Ensuring a balanced debate on EU food and consumer policy
Food production; consumption and sustainability; innovation in medicines and medical devices; patients’ rights and rules that protect the health; safety and economic well-being of consumers
Co-Chairs: Richard Corliss, Shire
Tom Murray, EUK Consulting
Vice-Chairs: Sebastian Emig, European Snacks Association
Conor Mescall, FoodDrinkEurope
Nikos Manaras, Acumen Public Affairs
Events in the past year:
- “Food and feed safety, innovation” with Sabine Jülicher, Director of Directorate E, DG SANTE,
- Panel Debate on “Food Labelling: country of origin” with Renate Sommer (MEP), Camille Perrin (BEUC) and Alexander Anton (EDA); Veronica Manfredi,
- Head of Unit for Consumer and Marketing Law at DG JUST on “Consumers Rights Protection” and Jose Inacio Faria, MEP on “Access to medicines”.