EU-UK Future Relations Committee (FRC)
- Ensure that the British Chamber of Commerce | EU & Belgium is a key partner in discussions between the EU and the UK,
- Provide a platform for our members to engage with policymakers, legislators and other stakeholders in the context of the Future Relationship negotiations,
- Ensure that UK and EU business concerns are taken fully into account by negotiators.
Committee Events & Outreach
Beyond the standing committee meetings, the committee shall organise events in the form of:
- Topical guest speaker at the standing committee meetings,
- Separate topical events available for all chamber members,
- Outreach to key policy stakeholders
The committee’s chair(s) in agreement with the chamber management must set priorities in September of the work for the following 12 months.
- UK-EU Future Trade Agreement
- Future UK-EU Cooperation
- Environment (REACH, RoHS, Waste, Plastics, etc.)
- Energy & Climate
- Pharmaceuticals & Medical devices
- Industrial Goods & Standards
- Institutional affairs & cooperation
- Trade & Customs
- Citizen’s rights
Having regard to resources, the FRC shall deliver:
- Proposals for the chamber’s positions on issues covered by the committee
- Ad-Hoc reflection papers (1 pagers) on priority areas
- A framework for engagement with the EU and UK negotiating teams to ensure the structured engagement of members with the negotiations.
The structure and function of the committee (download here)