The EU Committee cordially invites you to attend our quarterly briefing from the UK Permanent Representative to the EU. For this quarter we are happy to welcome Rebecca Brown, First Secretary – Health and Pharmaceuticals, UK Permanent Representation to the EU, who will give a briefing on the topic of Health Priorities for the UK in the EU .
Rebecca Brown started work as First Secretary for Health and Pharmaceuticals at the UK Permanent Representation to the EU in July 2013 where she has lead on negotiations on the revised Tobacco Products Directive and Clinical Trials Regulation. She previously worked as a Policy Officer on Medical Devices at the UK Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency and on horizontal EU issues at the Department of Health. Prior to joining the civil service, Rebecca worked at Weber Shandwick in Brussels for four years.
- 08:30 - 08:45 Participants arrive and network over coffee and pastries
- 08:45 - 08:50 The EU Committee Chair, James Stevens, will welcome everyone on behalf of the British Chamber before formally introducing Rebecca Brown to the audience
- 08:50 - 09:10 Rebecca Brown will present on Health Priorities for the UK in the EU
- 09:10 - 09:55 The Chair will then moderate a Q&A session between the audience and Rebecca Brown
- 09:55 - 10:00 The Chair will then close the event and wil give the opportunity to the attendees to suggest ideas for future events
| UK Permanent Representation to EU