A table, a few sums, even a fancy chart is child’s play. Everyone can do Excel. Unfortunately good decision making often consists of more analysis, on more parameters, dug out of more data. And the world is increasingly about móre data, not less. Don’t leave it to the specialists, the data-guys, the quants. Find out, in this workshop, how you can get pretty advanced analysis done, simply with Excel. Make data work for you.
Who should attend?
Mid-senior management, professionals who represent diverse functions, industries, and countries. From market research to customer records, data is everywhere. The program is suitable for participants from organizations of any size. Teams are welcome.
1. It’s our environment. Modifying cells, worksheets, workbooks, ribbon.
2. The language. Objects, attributes, strings, arrays, matrix.
3. Not your job. Smart selecting, autofill, flashfill, special tables.
4. Computing. Formulas, array formulas, conditional formulas, conditional summaries.
5. Analyse this. Logical functions IF, AND, OR, etc.
6. Make it pretty. Styles, themes, content-driven appearance, sorting.
7. Graphical data. Charts, trends, dual-axis charts, sparklines.
8. From data to intelligence. Pivot tables and pivot charts.
Training / Workshop Leader
Steve Clemens has been an economics lecturer at University in Belgium, The Netherlands and Vietnam for 15 years, as well as a trainer at the European Investment Bank. Today he lectures ICT and Organisation at Odisee University College in Brussels and does project appraisal for the Erasmus program of the European Commission.