This training is organised by the British Chamber Academy.
This training has been split into two sessions:
- Part 1: 10th June from 11.00 - 12.30 (90 minutes)
- Part 2: 11th June from 11.00 - 12.30 (90 minutes)
149 euros for members / 199 euros for non-members
Why do cultural attitudes so strongly influence the way we do business between countries? How do events like Brexit impact our views of co-operation and confidence in each other? During this workshop we will demonstrate and practice how understanding someone’s “model of the world” is a vital part of successful adaptive behavior and doing business across cultures (*).
Bring your business cases and examples: after a highly interactive day you will leave with techniques to apply immediately and a different view on how to build better intercultural partnerships.
(*) Britain and Belgium will be our benchmark cultures, we can include other cultures if required for your business cases
Who should attend?
All roles, functions, industries, and cultures are welcome in this program. Participant feedback indicates that the highest benefit is obtained if you already have some intercultural business experience. Participants new to an intercultural role should bring information about tasks / situations they are likely to experience.
1. “Where does culture come from?” Just enough theory to align us in a framework for today
2. “But it’s all changing! (Or is it?)” Perceptions and stereotypes through history that still hold today
3. “Day in the life of a Belgian / a Brit…” Using your examples, we explore societal drivers and needs
4. “So, what do we need to succeed?” Analysis of impact on business styles and models
5. “How do I…?” Small groups work on topics of interest e.g. Successful Meetings; Influencing; Decision-making; Conflict management…
6. “In my Case…” Small groups analyse and share solutions for selected own cases, or a prepared case
7. “Simulation” We practice a relevant situation for the group e.g. a negotiation and coach you on optimal behaviours
8. Final Q&A and Wrap-up: My Toolkit, my take-aways, my next steps
Training / Workshop Leader
Tim de Nordwall
Trainer | Learning Inspiration
Tim de Nordwall works with major companies all over the globe coaching executives and developing their teams on behavioural competencies in international environments. His development into a true Interculturalista was during his 7 years as a Senior Consultant/Trainer for the Institute for Training in Intercultural Management, and Tim has 15+ years of experience in managing teams of very diverse cultural backgrounds. Tim is British born, living in Belgium for over 25 years and facilitates in English, French and Dutch during the workshops.