Strategy. A word one hears often in business circles. A clear strategy that was collectively created is the cornerstone for every business and leadership team. But how do you create this, and what does a good and actionable strategy actually look like? There is surprisingly little understanding of it. In this highly engaging and practical session business leadership expert Lars Sudmann will give actionable advice on how to create your strategy. Drawing on lessons of great businesses, startups and history, we will see what it takes to be a master strategist and create an actionable strategy for you.
Who should attend?
Anybody who needs to think about the future direction of his/her business or organization, e.g. Mid-senior management, CEOs, board members, startup founders; top freelances and professionals who represent diverse functions, industries, and countries. The program is suitable for participants from organizations of any size. Teams are welcome.
Program Key elements and objectives
• The confusion of strategy – what is it really?
• Elements of a great strategy
• Lessons from a napkin and Hannibal
• The Essence: Where to play and how to win strategies
• The power of focus: what to do and what not to do
• Strategy execution and decision making: how to create a pattern in a stream of decisions
• Strategy on a page concept
• Communicate your strategy in two minutes or less
Training / Workshop Leader
Lars Sudmann is an advisor and speaker with background in strategy and business leadership, for instance as CFO Belgium of Procter & Gamble. He is now the Director of the Strategy &Transformation Council at the Global Think Tank “The Conference Board”. Additionally, he is the author of the book “Innovation that Sticks”, a lecturer at universities in Belgium and Germany, as well as a frequent speaker at TEDx events.